Monday, March 21, 2011

The Devil is real

This past October I was homesick. I had a new baby and all my family was 9,000 miles away. Two of my sisters back home in Springfield, MO had also had babies. I needed to go home. I wish my husband had felt the same way. Long story short we had a huge argument. I wanted to go-he wanted me to stay. In that moment of selfishness I was not praying. The devil attacked me...it was really bad, to the point that I didn't call my self a Christan anymore...Ya, that's right! I went crazy! I was mad and angry and the devil saw opportunity to attack and that's exactly what happened.

Biblical, this is what happened to me...




In these moments when we doubt God we need to call upon his name! Pray through all the tough issues because Lord knows we all have our problems! I'm so glad my story has a happy ending. Our merciful God reached out to me and spoke to me through one of my fellow Christian sisters. It is so important to surround ourselves with other Christians. God told me that once I was a child of God I will always be child of God. I know he will never leave me nor forsake me. My husband realized how serious the issue was. He happily sent me home 4 days later! Praise God!

Everyday when I wake up I put on my armor- you should do the same! Give the Devil no room to dwell.

The good news is that God has already defeated the Devil for us! Even though he is real, God is still more powerful and always will be!

God Bless
Love, Audry

5 comments:

  1. Audry!! Amazing! So POWERFUL!! I love the look too! I'm so glad you started this! You are going to be such an inspiration to so many. I love the highlighted bible verses, puts it right there for us! So real. I'm SOOOO proud of you! Love you! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little hurt you didn't go with "Hills on the Island" Though. j/k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audry....
    I have missed you so much and had SUCH a wonderful time with you while you were here. Thanks for taking the time to make a blog about your life in Japan. I'm fascinated and will really enjoy reading it. Much love to you and the little family...
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, Audry! The Lord is without a doubt faithful, and what a great way to share that with others! Your blog is inspiring! I wish we could have gotten a chance to see you guys more than just at Lance's birthday party; and actually would've gotten to talk to you rather than just wave!! In fact, I don't even think I got to introduce you to my wife!! Next time I hope! Anyway, you have a beautiful family! Looking forward to reading this is regularly! I pray the Lord bless you for "showing Him off" in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this Audry! That satan guy totally STINKS!!! What a pooper!

    ReplyDelete